Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Babble

While there's a part of me that can't wait for Coral Lynn to start talking, there's also a big part of me that's going to really miss her sweet babbling. I find it inordinately adorable when she oodle-ooo's at the remote control or her wooden spoon. The high-pitched screeching, which has mostly abated (thank god,) is not so cute, but it usually means she's unhappy with something. This is a situation where words would come in handy, instead of us wincing and throwing random toys toward the crystal-shattering noise in the hopes that something will distract her and she'll cease shrieking.

I'll also miss the put-the-toy-on-the-ground-and-attack-it with-your-face move that she's so fond of. It truly makes sense, you know? I mean, your arms get tired of holding something, and the ground is so conveniently steady, why not just set the item in question down and rest your face on it? I imagine this technique doesn't work so well for soup, but should be fine for anything else you want to put in your mouth.

Her latest "I'm so cute you could just die" trick is to cant her head to the side and snuggle her face into your neck or chest. Between that, reaching out for us to pick her up, and the grabbing my face and pulling it toward her for what I believe is a "kiss" (ie, open mouthed sliming with a smile), she's the most adorable thing in the world.

Except for right now. You know that shriek I mentioned? Yeah, well, I guess it may not be on its way out as much as I'd hoped.....

1 comment:

  1. Beware of wishing for language skills....once they start talking, they don't stop!! There will come a time when you will say "I wish she would just stop talking for five minutes!" :)

    ReplyDelete