Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ameliorate

Well, I've decided to join the ranks of bloggers out there, once again. I'm realizing that my baby is growing up so fast that if I don't keep track of the silly milestones somewhere I'm bound to forget them. And by silly milestones, I mean those things that only parents are impressed by. Such as: Today Coral Lynn picked up the baby wipe box! She's been able to move it around for a while, but this is the first time I've seen her actually heft the whole cumbersome thing up into her lap! (See what I mean by silly?) Also, my life needs recording, and journaling by hand has never been something I've been very good at. I must have at least a dozen diaries from my life, each of which has, at most, ten pages filled out.

Which brings us around to ameliorate. Ameliorate: To make better; To improve upon. My decided word and theme for 2011. I've given up on resolutions, which just seem to be ideas bound to be lost and forgotten before the month is out, and stolen from a friend of a friend the "word for the year," theory. This year I will ameliorate, starting with my journaling process. Using the computer seems to have worked in the past, so I've great faith it will again. Back in the days when I lived in Santa Barbara I loved LJ and used it all the time. In fact, I've thought about resuscitating my LJ, but have decided that this new chapter in my life needs a new blog.

The small naked thing on my floor is beginning to demand attention, so I guess it's time to sign off for now.

Oh! She just put a ring back on the wooden-ring-pyramid! Silly milestone #2 for the day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay a Wendy blog! I look forward to reading of many baby-related antics!

    ReplyDelete