Friday, April 1, 2011

Tick tick

Poor baby!  She was super fussy last night. Thrashing around, trying to crawl, and screeching in the middle of the night. Daddy got up to get her some teething tablets, as she kept pulling at her ear (which usually means that her teeth hurt) but I couldn't get her to take them. We finally got her settled down and back to sleep. I woke up this morning to see a little dot in the cup of her ear. I couldn't quite see what it was, so I asked Doug, who promptly replied that it was a tick! No wonder she was in such distress last night! We got some tweezers and I got it extracted, no problem, but her ear has been all swollen and red all day. We keep slathering it with neosporin, hoping that it won't do anything wonky, and it looks much better now...finally... I guess that's the drawback to the super cute face-hugs that she gives the dog and cats. Poor little sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment